This is from Marmite Singapore, a wonderful sounding chicken dish. Try it and let us know how you got on –
- 400g chicken (mid wing part), cleaned
- 50g whole garlic, peeled & quickly fried
- 50g whole shallot, peeled & quickly fried
- 30g pickled chili or red chili
- 20g spring onion, cut short
- 40ml vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp Marmite
- 1 tbsp hot bean sauce (dou ban jiang)
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tbsp dark soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 60ml water
- 1-2 tsp cornstarch solution (optional)
- Mix all seasoning ingredients together and set it aside.
- Pre-sear the chicken wings for a few minutes (half-cook).
- Heat up the clay pot. Add oil, half-cooked chicken wings, seasoning sauce mixture and stir until the seasoning reduces (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic, shallot, pickled chili and stir (you may choose to thicken the gravy with cornstarch solution in this step).
- Add spring onion. And it’s done!
- Tip: Cornstarch solution ratio is 1 : 1 (1 part of water + 1 part of corn flour).
Copyright Marmite Museum 2015