This is one of my all time comfort foods, it’s a simple dish from Nigella Lawson’s website and it needs such a small amount of effort to make it that it should be the staple food of any family. It would make a hater love Marmite.
I always add plenty of Parmesan.
Spaghetti with Marmite
- 375 grams spaghetti
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon marmite (or more to taste)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (to serve)
- Cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water, according to the packet instructions.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the Marmite and 1 tablespoon of the pasta water, mixing thoroughly to dissolve.
- Reserve ½ cup of pasta water; then drain the pasta and pour the Marmite/Vegemite mixture over the drained spaghetti, adding a little reserved pasta water to amalgamate if required. Serve with plenty of grated Parmesan cheese.
- For vegetarians replace the Parmesan cheese with a vegetarian alternative.
For vegetarians replace the Parmesan cheese with a vegetarian alternative.
Copyright Marmite Museum 2015